SEPTEMBER 18, 2013
Wild West Days theme features the horse’s perspective Nov. 1-3
CAVE CREEK – The 2013 Wild West Days, a renowned annual western experience, features three days of non-stop family entertainment. Its 10th year theme focuses on embracing the importance of keeping the west alive from the horse’s perspective.
Wild West Days activities include:
• Cowpokes ‘n Little Folks: a western play land for kids and families
• Bathtub races (Saturday): Homemade bathtubs race down the street for the grand prize
• Pig races (Saturday): Pigs race as fast as they can to show their personal best to festival visitors
• Arizona Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association – See the multi-talented mounted shooters race on championship horses while shooting at targets
• Gun Down by Sundown will perform in a gunfight competition all day long, on November 2 and 3
• Wild West bull fest – live bull riding competitions at the Buffalo Chip
Visitors also will experience western art, arena events, mechanical bull riding, Miss Wild West Days, country music and more. During Saturday’s activities, one side of Cave Creek Road will be closed to vehicular traffic. Only wagons, horses and foot traffic will be permitted.
Wild West Days is hosted by the Cave Creek Merchants & Events Association, a non-profit business-to-business entity that serves the businesses and organizations of Cave Creek. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit charitable horse and other related organizations in community to help to preserve the community’s western heritage.
For a comprehensive list of scheduled events and activities visit www.wildwestdayscavecreek.com.