The regular Monday night meeting, June 7, of the Cave Creek Town Council was highlighted by unanimous passage of both the General Plan (by a 2/1 public vote margin) and adoption of the fiscal year budget.
Important to note: Executive session has been focusing on land acquisition and related fire protection services that have been attributed to the fiscal budget as an approximately $7 million item.
- Adopted Resolution R2021-11, a Resolution of the Mayor and Council of the Town of Cave Creek finally determining and adopting estimates of proposed expenditures by the Town of Cave Creek for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022 establishing the alternative expenditure limitation amount and declaring that such shall constitute the adopted budget of the Town of Cave Creek for such fiscal year.
- Approved a Community Grant in the amount of $10,000 to the Cave Creek Museum
- Approved Resolution No. R2021-10, A Resolution of the Mayor and Town Council of the Town of Cave Creek, Maricopa County Arizona, Authorizing the Mayor on behalf of the Town to enter into a Project Sponsor Agreement for financial assistance under the provisions of the Arizona State Parks & Trails Grant Funding to develop the Town of Cave Creek Gateway Trailhead Parking Lot.
- Second readings met with some contention related to “amending the Town of Cave Creek Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 3 “Commercial Zones,” Section 3.4 “General Regulations”, Subsection J “Off-street Parking in Commercial Zones,” but passed by a 4-3 margin.
- Approval of a #10 Beer and Wine Store for Grumpy Ole Mule Mercantile as requested by Paul William Morina, Agent.14 -242.
- Approval of a #12 Restaurant Liquor License for Stumblina’s Cantina as requested by Sonia Ann Pasciuta.3.
- Cancellation of the July 6, 2021, August 2, 2021 and September 7, 2021 Regular Town Council Meetings