Scottsdale high school students who love the arts are invited to share their passion by participating in a video contest this month.
The “I Love the Arts” contest is sponsored by PHX Architecture, the city of Scottsdale and Scottsdale Arts. It’s a way for future leaders of our community to share why the arts are important to our city through the medium of video.
The contest winner will receive a $500 cash prize, membership to Scottsdale Arts, an invitation to the Mayor’s Breakfast for the Arts and a presentation of their video at a City Council meeting.
Here’s the scoop on who can enter and how:
- This contest is limited to only high school students attending a Scottsdale school or a resident of Scottsdale. If you are under 18, you need to get permission from your guardians. Especially if you are going to borrow their camera!
- Only one video per student can be submitted. We want to see your BEST work
- The videos should be long enough to tell the story. Good practice is approximately two to three minutes
- The deadline to submit videos is Friday, March 23. Winners will be announced April 1
- Videos will be judged on: creativity; clarity of message; and audience engagement
- The winning video will be selected from a panel of community experts that may include curators, communications and other design professionals
- You can submit your video by uploading it to YouTube and then sending the link to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, address and school.
For more information and a list of YouTube policy and safety guidelines, go to ScottsdaleAz.gov and search “Love the Arts.”