Two families displaced by fire

Firefighters check on the fire damage at Village Apartments – photo courtesy Cave Creek Town Marshal

Rural Metro firefighters from the Cave Creek and Carefree stations were called out to the Village Apartments at 6434 East Cave Creek Road in Cave Creek just after 5pm Monday. A contractor working at the apartments accidently sparked a fire that damaged two of the units. Firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the flames, but damage extended to both floors of the building. No injuries were reported. The two apartments were declared to be uninhabitable and the families were relocated.