OCTOBER 31, 2012
The most fun you can have in the fall – Wild West Days Nov. 2-4 in Cave Creek
CAVE CREEK – Wild West Days, Arizona’s largest western venue and a Cave Creek signature event, will be held from Nov. 2-4 throughout the Town of Cave Creek. The three days of non-stop family entertainment include mutton bustin’, a period costume competition, a childrens’ costume competition, musical performers, period vendors, a western parade, various horse-related activities and other festivities. This year’s title sponsor is Sanderson Ford and Sanderson Lincoln on Bell Road.
This year’s Wild West Days features the second annual Gun Down by Sundown. Led by the town’s entertainment company, Six Gun Entertainment, LLC, the two-day event will feature gunfighter groups from throughout the West that will perform in a gunfight competition all day long, on Nov. 3 and 4. The final performance will feature a special centennial show in honor of Arizona’s 100-year anniversary. Six Gun Entertainment’s Six Gun Justice Gunfighters also will give award-winning performances on the evening of November 3.
Other exciting Wild West Days activities include:
• Cowpokes ‘n Little Folks: a western play land for kids and families featuring pony rides, performances by Detour Company, the Prescott Regulators & their shady ladies, Guns of the Round Table, Baddog Bennett and his amazing trick Horses, The Arizona Duuude, Annabel, stunt training for youngsters and more.
• Walk for 100 (Saturday during the parade): Hundreds of firefighters, police and service men and women on horseback and on foot walk in silence to honor and pay tribute to colleagues who have fallen in the line of duty. The events winds up with a western cowboy church and breakfast at the Buffalo Chip.
• Western parade (Saturday, 9 a.m.): numerous non-vehicular entries bring the true spirit of the west to Cave Creek visitors (See the Parade Line-up)
• Bathtub races (Saturday): Homemade bathtubs race down the street for the grand prize
• Pig races (Saturday): Pigs race as fast as they can to show their personal best to festival visitors
• Mutton Bustin’ at 11 a.m. behind the Buffalo Chip Saloon on Saturday
• Arizona Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association – See the multi-talented mounted shooters race on championship horses while shooting at targets
• Wild West bull fest – live bull riding competitions at the Buffalo Chip
• The Cowboy Gathering – (Saturday) Meet Arizona’s top cowboys and historians on November 3 at 6:30 p.m.
• Brandi Lyons – the renowned horse trainer demonstrates a horse’s success before it is auctioned
Visitors also will experience wildlife exhibits, western art, arena events, mechanical bull riding and more. During Saturday’s activities, one side of Cave Creek Road will be closed to vehicular traffic. Only wagons, horses and foot traffic will be permitted.
Wild West Days, now in its 10th year, is an annual experience hosted by the Cave Creek Merchants & Events Association, a non-profit business-to-business entity that serves the businesses and organizations of Cave Creek. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit charitable horse and other related organizations in community to help to preserve the community’s western heritage. A comprehensive list of scheduled events and activities will be updated at: www.wildwestdayscavecreek.com
1.) American Legion-Color Guard
2.) Grand Marshal and honorable mentions:
• Bob Boze Bell of True West Magazine
• Johnny Ringo with Carefree Adventures
• Lee Anderson
• Bob Roloff, the AZ Duuude
• Miss Cave Creek 2012 Katelyn Niemiec
3.) Cave Creek Town Council
4.) Judge Clancy Jayne
5.) "Spot" featuring Calli and Aegli
6.) Cave Creek Museum
7.) A Salute to the Fallen
8.) Pretty Girls Inc.
9.) Cave Creek Curves
10.) Giddy Up Gals
11.) Foothills Food Bank
12.) Trinity Stables
14.) Triple R Horse Rescue
15.) Rockaway Hills Ranch
16.) Treadwell Technologies
17.) Glendale Desert Riders
18.) Ecclesia Cave Creek Church
19.) Trail of the Painted Ponies
20.) Cave Creek Smokehouse
21.) Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary
22.) Six Gun Entertainment
23.) Dazzle Creations Boutique
24.) Thunderbird Arena Drill Team
25.) Pink Cadillac Boutique
26.) Freeman Farms & Sun Rae Stables
27.) Miss Wild West Days Contestants
28.) Southwest Horse Soccer Association
29.) Harold's Corral of Cave Creek
30.) Arizona Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association
31.) Farm Bureau Insurance - Leslie Jensen & Denise Good
Walk for 100
32.) Bag pipe player-Tom Shannon
33.) Rural/Metro Corp & Southwest Ambulance
34.) Sanderson Ford
35.) Fetch Foundation