At their April 11, 2022 Business meeting, CCUSD’s Governing Board approved Dr. Cort Monroe’s employment contract through 2025.
Dr. Monroe was hired with a 2.5 year contract beginning January 1, 2021. This extension solidifies the Board’s commitment to Dr. Monroe’s service to CCUSD.
Dr. Monroe said, “I am excited to continue the great work we have started with teachers, staff, leaders, parents and community members to achieve our mission of providing an innovative, high quality learning experience for all CCUSD students across our schools. Side by side with the Governing Board we can work together as One Team to develop curious, resilient, critical-thinking problem solving students who make a difference and inspire excellence in the world. I am proud to be the Superintendent of the Cave Creek School District, voted “Best of the North Valley” for the third year in a row.”
Under Dr. Monroe’s leadership, the district remains focused on CCUSD’s Mission, Vision, and the Strategic Plan Priorities: Student Success; Employee Excellence; Safe Environment/Culture; Effective Operations Resources and Systems; and Community Partnerships.
The Cave Creek Unified School District believes:
- Students are at the center of our decision-making process.
- Every learner is unique and deserves the power to shape a personal path toward success.
- Our connections and relationships foster support for all stakeholder groups to feel safe and valued.
- In providing opportunities for people to grow and improve.
- In using innovative ideas, environments, and tools to create and engage global citizens.
- The school experience is enhanced by extracurricular activities and diverse experiences.
- Community partners are essential pillars to support the district’s mission and purpose.
- As “One Team” we promote and nurture a strong sense of community pride.
- In empowering our staff to utilize their individual strengths and skills to facilitate and support positive student outcomes.
Governing Board President Beth Hatcher said, “It is my pleasure to announce the contract extension of Cave Creek Unified School District Superintendent, Dr. Cort Monroe. By majority vote, the Governing Board agreed to extend Dr. Monroe’s contract due to his desire and work to obtain long-term sustainability for the District.”
“In these uncertain times for school districts, Dr. Monroe has restructured the organization providing for an equal emphasis on the middle and high schools, implemented Professional Learning Communities for our teachers to enhance student achievement, and continues to pursue various funding opportunities for the Cave Creek Unified School District.”