WHEN: Friday, October 18 through Sunday, October 27, 2019. Hours vary by day – see web site for times and event schedules
WHERE: Carefree Desert Gardens
101 Easy Street, Carefree, AZ, 85377
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The Town of Carefree Fifth Annual Enchanted Pumpkin Garden is a one-of-a-kind fall festival celebrating the magic of the Halloween season! The 2019 event takes place October 18-27, with the incredible artistry of Ray Villafane and Villafane Studios’ carvers on display live each day, and their carvings found throughout the four-acre Carefree Desert Gardens. On weekends, this annual event boasts magical Halloween activities for both kids and adults, plus culinary delights and autumnal refreshments including a beer garden, a harvest market and live music.
In May of 2015, the Town of Carefree was looking to hire a pumpkin carver to enhance a newly-planned fall festival. When master carver Ray Villafane arrived, he fell in love with the Carefree Desert Gardens, his imagination running wild with ideas. He saw the Gardens as a perfect organic environment for creativity and the potential to build a sustainable exhibit for families and children. The mayor and town council agreed that Villafane was a perfect fit, and the Enchanted Pumpkin Garden was born!
• Enchanted Pumpkin Weigh-Off – Saturday, Oct. 19, 11 a.m.
• Event is in-partnership with Arizona Giant Pumpkin Growers Association
• Attendance in 2018 – 100,000 (estimated)
• Admission – $15 Friday–Sunday; $10 Monday–Thursday. Two and under free.
• Parking – Free parking is available in and around the Gardens, and throughout the downtown area