– One of the “benefits” of growing old can be ugly toenails. Onychomycosis is the affliction and about 10% of elderly adults are affected. That would total more than 35 million folks. Success rates of cures vary.
– Various German cities are famous for the products they have produced over the centuries. For instance Düsseldorf produces a renowned beer. Tilsit is famous for its cheeses; Nuremberg is widely celebrated for its sausages. It is likely that few will be surprised that Cologne has been selling delightful fragrance products (perfume, etc.) for a long time. Some of our American towns have been famous because of our “interesting interactions” at city/county meetings.
– If enough clams are available, a full grown walrus can eat more than 5,000 clams in one day. These animals are quite effective for clam-population control.
– It is incredible as to how many times (0) that I have received email asking whether Mars has tectonics. The answer is “no.” One reason is that Mars has only one plate and that one is about 125 miles thick. Now you know.
– One severe case of “Oh My Gosh” transpired a short time ago. A 37 year old man named King snatched the purse of an aged lady as she labored slowly up a street in New York City. That old lady was the mother of the head of the ruling Genovese crime family. The culprit was nabbed by police. He turned quite pale after he was informed of the identity of his victim. That very day, without an attorney, the 37 year old Mr. King made a plea deal for a 3 year sentence in high-security prison. He also wrote a note of apology (likely in shaky handwriting).
– There are 21 dots (pips) on a normal die.
– QE 2 has 4 children. Donald Trump has 5 children. By the way, President Trump is listed at 6 foot 3 inches in height while Queen Elizabeth the Second is said to stand 5 foot 2 inches.
– This is special information for our polyglots in the audience: English has the most words of any language on earth. I know almost 100 of them.
– Have you ever seen Stephani Joanne Angelina Germanotta? Many observers declare her to have “star potential.” I should mention that her stage name is Lady Gaga.
– Well here’s hoping that you never get your hallux infected by onychomycosis – and that you have a great day.
James White is a retired mathematics teacher who enjoys sharing fascinating trivia. He can be reached at email@example.com.