Presidents Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, and Johnson would not recognize the radical left Democrat(Socialist) Party of today. Americans can easily get a sense of how a number of today’s Democrat Party leaders feel about the Constitutional Republic, created by the Founding Fathers
“America was never that great”—–NY Governor Andrew Cuomo
“America was never as great as advertised,”—–South Bend Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
“When was America ever Great?”—–Former US Attorney General Eric Holder
They and the radical Chairman of Democrat Party, Marxist Tom Perez, promote Socialism, and demean the America:
- That went to war and saved the lives of millions of people in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Operation Desert Storm, etc.
- That was one of the first countries in the world that was involved in a civil war to ensure its slaves were freed.
- That created NASA, that then put the first man on the moon, and created a Space Station whose research benefits mankind.
- That created technology knowhow that benefited mankind—the lightening rod, the cotton gin, the steamboat, the metal plow, the harvesters for farmers, vulcanized rubber, the sewing machine, the telegraph, the telephone, the electric light, countless medical lifesaving devices, countless advances in computer technology, and so much more.
- That for 243 years has been fusing many different nationalities into a single free society.
- That recognized the relationship between man and his creator is a private matter that government must not intrude in: Freedom of Religion
- That recognized the inalienable right of an individual is to be able to openly express their views without being suppressed: Freedom of Speech.
- That the framers of the Constitution spurned European tradition by rejecting monarchy, a nobility, and a hereditary legislative chamber, placing the trust in government, of the people, by the people, and for the people, by the vote of its American citizens.
- That although a young government, America is next to the oldest continues government in the world.
The following essay on “American Exceptionalism” by former San Diego City Councilman Fredrick Schnaubelt is an outstanding evaluation what is so very special about America, every US student should be exposed to his essay. The inaccurate and critical analysis of the 243 year history of the Republic, presented in edited and altered US History text books (funded by George Soros), has been force fed to US students for 15 years, should instead include the information presented by Fred Schnaubelt’s essay and the above information in this Op Ed, in order to defuse the false facts, misleading evaluations, eliminated information about America’s US History:
“America was never that great” said NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo recently, South Bend Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg said, “America was never as great as advertised,” and Former US Atty, Gen. Eric Holder asked, “When was America ever Great?”
“Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come.” The most powerful idea in human history is “All men are created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.” This declaration made America Great! Made America Exceptional. (a truly revolutionary idea, a break with all previous history of mankind)
It means our human rights come from God — not from a sovereign —not from government. This idea is so powerful that in little over two hundred years America rose from nothing to the richest most powerful nation in history.
Yet there are people today who want to supplant this revolutionary idea with the “strong man” autocratic idea that that ruled men for centuries – all rights and your station in life is determined by elites in Socialist governments, with each new rendition of Socialism claiming “this time it’s different.”
Socialist ideas can only be fought with better ideas.
This unique goal that all men are created equal is the idea that makes America exceptional. This idea evolved into freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of press, presumption of innocent, trial by jury, a man’s home is his castle, and voting for your leaders.
In short, Western Culture as it blossomed from England and was spread around the globe by English speaking people.
On American campuses there’s weeping and gnashing of teeth about the founders owning slaves. A WSJ letter (5/16/19) suggests asking students if they know anything about George Washington other than he owned slaves.
It’s not remarkable that the founders owned slaves in 1776. What’s remarkable is that slavery was abolished after 2,500 years of existence.
First abolished in Vermont in 1777 and by 1804 all 19 northern states had passed laws to abolish it. They were living up to the Declaration of Independence’s aspiration that “all men are created equal.”
That 360,222 Union soldiers died in the Civil War 60 years later to free America’s slaves, is exceptional in itself. Why would so many die to free slaves?
Historically, slavery has existed in every country on every continent — the implication, you and I most likely are descendants of slaves. Think Moses and the Jews for instance, long, long, long ago.
That all men are created equal makes America exceptional. Most countries today disagree. First Amendment rights we take for granted, are not respected even in countries such as Egypt, Canada, Germany, France & England.
Forty-four million foreign born immigrants have fled to the U.S. in our lifetime believing America’s Great! America really is exceptional.