Event honors veterans interred locally at Cave Creek Cemetery
On Memorial Day, our country remembers those men and women who served and paid the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of our country. In their honor, the Town of Carefree is proud to host a Memorial Day Tribute.
Monday, May 27, 8 a.m.
Cave Creek Cemetery, 36400 North Pima Rd. in Carefree
– Guest speakers include Margo Angeli, whose brother Gus, a Navy veteran and former VHP Advisor at Cactus Shadows High School, is interred in the cemetery.
– West Point graduate, Vietnam veteran and two-time Purple Heart recipient Frank Lambert (Since You Asked, Volume VII) will be the keynote speaker.
– Joined by Veterans Heritage Project, this year’s tribute will include a presentation and posting of colors by Boy Scout Troop 15 Cave Creek, an a-cappella rendition of the National Anthem, an invocation and a special rendition of TAPS performed at the conclusion of the program.
– Tribute Riders RC will place flags upon the grave sites of the many veterans laid to rest there, with service wreaths placed to honor all veterans.
– Students and Alumni from the Cactus Shadows VHP Chapter will be in attendance and light refreshments will be served.
For more information, visit Carefree.org or call 480-488-3686.