An epidemic is sweeping across America causing drivers everywhere to blackout. It’s called Texting & Driving. Join Allstate’s effort to help reduce teen deaths and other distracted driver injuries by pledging not to text and drive. Download the Allstate Family Texting Pledge now. Can it make a difference? When you text and drive…
– It takes your eyes off the road on average of five seconds at a time. At 55 mph, that’s like driving the length of a football field – completely blind.1
– It’s like driving after having 4 beers.2
– It makes us 23 times more likely to crash.3
– It results in car crashes that kill an average of 11 teens each day.4
– It’s results in 330,000 distracted driving injuries every year.5
Want to learn more and become more involved? Join our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thumbsuppledge or even visit www.allstate.com/teen to create a Parent-Teen contract – a family partnership committing to safer driving. It’s Allstate’s effort to help keep your teen drivers safer on the road
The Allstate Foundation does this in collaboration with Health World. Health World is a nonprofit that provides health and safety education to k-12 students. The are given grants by The Allstate Foundation to help support youth empowerment and teen safe driving goals; part of their work is helping pair agents with schools to promote teen safe driving.