Zika Case Count: As of October 26, there were more than 32,800 confirmed cases of Zika virus in U.S. States and Territories.
- 4,091 confirmed cases of Zika in U.S. States and District of Columbia.
- 28,723 confirmed cases of Zika in U.S. Territories.
Pregnant women with evidence of Zika virus: As of October 20, there were more than 2,900 pregnant women with evidence of Zika virus.
- 953 pregnant women in U.S. States and District of Columbia.
- 2,027 pregnant women in U.S. Territories.
For a state-by-state table of Zika cases in the U.S. visit: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html.
Theme for the Week of October 31: Zika: Back to the Basics. Visit http://www.cdc.gov/zika/about/needtoknow.html and learn how to protect yourself.
Zika in the News
- HRSA Announces the Availability of $39 Million to Expand Fight Against Zika Virus. Today, the Health Resources and Services Administration announced the availability of $39 million for health centers in Puerto Rico, American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands to expand the availability of preventive and primary health care services to meet immediate and anticipated Zika-related health care needs and enable health centers to expand services in response to other urgent and emergent primary health care needs.
For more information visit www.cdc.gov/zika.