Zika Case Count: As of October 12, there were more than 29,800 confirmed cases of Zika virus in U.S. States and Territories.
- 3,936 confirmed cases of Zika in U.S. States and District of Columbia.
- 25,955 confirmed cases of Zika in U.S. Territories.
Pregnant women with evidence of Zika virus: As of October 6, there were more than 2,680 pregnant women with evidence of Zika virus.
- 878 pregnant women in U.S. States and District of Columbia.
- 1,806 pregnant women in U.S. Territories.
For a state-by-state table of Zika cases in the U.S. visit: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html
Theme for the Week of October 17: Talk to your Doctor about Zika! Moms-to-be, learn when to talk to your doctor about Zika.
Zika in the News
- CDC working with Florida to respond to new active Zika transmission area in Miami-Dade County: CDC is continuing to work with Florida health officials to investigate new cases of locally transmitted Zika virus infection in Miami-Dade County. Florida yesterday announced a new area of active Zika transmission in an area of about one square mile in Miami-Dade County (NW 79th St. to the North, NW 63rd St. to the South, NW 10th Ave. to the West and N. Miami Ave. to the East). The Florida Department of Health (FLDOH) has identified five people, two women, and three men, in the new area.
Learn more about the Zika virus: http://www.hhs.gov/zika.