PHOENIX — Governor Doug Ducey’s economic development mission to Canada will include meetings with Canadian government officials and business leaders as well as speaking engagements.
The four-day mission, from October 4-7, will showcase the Arizona’s attractive business climate and lifestyle for Canadian investors. Canada is Arizona’s second largest trading partner, contributing more than $900 million annually to our state’s economy.
- Meetings with Premier Kathleen Wynne of the Province of Ontario and Dominique Anglade, the Minister of Economy, Science, and Innovation in the Province of Quebec.
- On Wednesday, October 5, the governor will deliver a keynote address at the Canadian Club of Toronto to over 200 attendees.
- On Thursday, October 6, he will ring the bell to the open the Toronto Stock Exchange. Opportunities for media interviews are available at both events.
- Governor Ducey will meet with several Canadian chief executives and other business leaders who either do business in Arizona or have expressed an interest in doing so.
During his time in Toronto, Governor Ducey is scheduled with executives at the following companies:
- Hudbay Minerals: International mining company with offices in Southern Arizona;
- DLA Piper: Global law firm with offices in Arizona;
- CEOs of Brookfield Asset Management, BMO Banking, RBC Capital Markets: All large financial investment companies with local offices in Arizona.
In Montreal, the governor will focus his attention on the aerospace industry with the following meetings:
- President of Bombardier Aerospace: Local offices in Tucson;
- Sr. VP of Commercial Strategy, Air Canada.
While in Montreal, the governor will visit with a broader set of business leaders during a reception hosted at Fasken Martineau, an international law firm.
In addition to the Consul General of Canada, James Villeneuve, the Arizona business delegation that will accompany the Governor will include:
- David Lewis – Partner, DLA Piper
- Carlos Vizcarra – President, Amerco Real Estate Company (U-Haul parent co.)
- David Hutchens – President, Tucson Electric Power
- Paul Matson – Executive Director, Arizona State Retirement System
- Glenn Williamson – CEO and Founder, Canada Arizona Business Council, Honorary Consul of Canada in Arizona
- Glenn Hamer – President and CEO, Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Chris Camacho – President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council